Welcome to the 2015-2016 School Year!
Kindergarten is a very important year in your child's life and education. Your child's day will be filled with fun educational activities and lessons that will get them excited about learning. We will also learn important social/emotional skills like: making friends, being kind, being responsible, practice self-control, how to use our words to talk about feelings instead of using actions, and how to be a good helper.
Here are some tips for helping your child get ready for Kindergarten:
- Read, read, read!!! Your child will learn so much by listening to parents or siblings read to them every day!
- Set a consistent bedtime. Kindergarteners should get at least 9 hours of sleep each night.
- Help your child understand the importance of following school rules: be respectful, be responsible, and be safe.
- Limit screen time. Kindergarteners should only have 30 minutes - 1 hour of screen time every day. This includes t.v., computer, or IPad usage.
- Play!! Children learn best by being actively engaged in activity and having conversations about those activities.