Welcome to Triton Elementary Technology!

My name is Eric Christians and I am very excited to be the Elementary Technology Teacher at Triton Elementary.  I have always been fascinated with computers and enjoy not only creating interesting projects but also increasing my knowledge of technology.  Technology has become a huge part of our lives and being able to use it effectively and safely in today's world is a worthwhile endeavor.

Throughout the year we will emphasize the following standards in Kindergarten through 5th Grade:

1) Creativity and Innovation:
*Students will demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge and develop innovative products and processes using technology.
*K-2nd Grade Students will utilize KidPix to communicate ideas and convey messages.
*3-5th Grade Students will create useful graphics/spreadsheets and be comfortable using web-based tools to convey knowledge.

2) Communication and Collaboration:
*Students use digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively, including at a distance, to support individual learning and contribute to the learning of others.
*K-2nd Grade Students will be introduced to keyboard layout and proper typing basics as well as be working on computer/mouse basics and problem solving.
*3rd-5th Grade Students will be mastering their typing skills with will meeting their WPM (words per minute) and Accuracy Goals. They will also be utilizing different Microsoft programs for various partner/small group projects.

3) Research and Information Fluency:
*Students apply digital tools to gather, evaluate, collect, and use information for different online sources and digital tools based on the appropriateness to specific tasks.  

4) Critical Thinking, Problem Solving and Decision Making:
*Students use critical thinking skills to plan and conduct research, manage projects, solve problems, and make informed decisions using appropriate digital tools and resources.

5) Digital Citizenship:

*Students will understand human, cultural, and societal issues related to technology and practice legal and ethical behavior.
*Students will learn how to properly use a computer and its different programs in a safe and effective fashion.
*Students will advocate and practice safe, legal and responsible use of information and technology as well as exhibit leadership for digital citizenship.
*Students will recognize irresponsible and unsafe practices on the internet.

6) Technology Operations and Concepts:
*Students will demonstrate a sound understanding of technology concepts, systems and operations.
*Students will be able to identify different computer hardware as well as understand Windows, iPad and Chromebook basic operations and concepts.

7) Classroom Supplementation:
*We will use computer and web based programs as another way for our students to master our essential outcomes that each grade level has created.



Grading for Technology is done using one of two types of Rubrics; 3-Point Technology Skills Rubric or a Multi-Point Project Rubric as well as utilizing quizzes and worksheets. 

Most of our in-class projects/assignments use the 3-Point Technology Skills Rubric for assessing.  For the few big projects that we do, a Multi-Point Project Rubric is used, along with quizzes and worksheets.

We continue to use the 3-Point Technology Skills Rubric for assessing but use the Multi-Point Project Rubric more frequently for bigger projects that deal with learning programs.  We also utilize Quizzes and Worksheets to demonstrate knowledge/skills.  3-5th Graders are assigned Keyboarding Homework (October through May) that makes up 20% of their Semester Grade with In-Class Projects/Assignments/Quizzes making up the remaining 80%.

3 Point Skills Technology Rubric:

3 = I am able to independently use different technology tools to complete different assignments and I’m continuously on task.

2 = I am able to use many technology tools to complete most assignments and I am on task most of the time.

1 = I am able to use many technology tools with assistance to complete my assignments and I am trying to be on task.


Contact: Mr. Christians